Saturday, February 12, 2011

I love the inventor of Cortisone

Thursday night was my first test on the treadmill after a ski injury has kept me off of my training regimen for a week. The one-mile test run ended in pain, so I went in to see the orthopedic doctor with an air of desperation. A few cortisone shots and a stern word about warm-up and cool-down and I was on my way to recovery. Thanks, Dr. K!!

Got back in the saddle this morning with the Valentine's Day 5K around Lake Harriet. My sweetie, Michael, and I did this together. He's so supportive to do these runs with me, despite the fact that he really doesn't enjoy running. We finished in a little over 36 minutes, so a 12-minute mile is fine with me after being on the disabled list for a week.

With that 3.1 miles under the belt, I feel good-to-go to get back on plan. That would be 3 miles tomorrow. I'll have to work on that deficit gradually.

Thanks to those who are reading the blog and sending your encouraging words.

Take care and enjoy this great weather,
Bon

1 comment:

  1. This is why I don't snowboard while I'm training. Inevitably, my body's already tired and sore from running and a regular routine of weight training. I've found that snow sports don't mix if you want to try to run well and keep on program.

    Glad you are feeling better now though.

    ReplyDelete