Monday, December 6, 2010

And so it begins...

"Hi Bon and welcome to the next 10 months of your life.  You are embarking on one of the biggest goals in your life.  Are you really ready to train yourself to run 26.2 MILES?  Okay, here's a back-up plan.  Post this stuff on the internet so that everyone can see and then try to skip those training runs."

That would be my internal monologue talking.  The little voice in my head screaming, REALLY??  Yep, my mind is made up.  I am going to run the Medtronic Twin Cities Marathon on October 2, 2011, to raise money for my excellent organization: the Preservation Alliance of Minnesota.

As with any goal, there must be a beginning.  A point at which you say to yourself, "I am going to do X."  This is the point at which you are guided by the excitement of possibility.  This is the point at which you deny that there may be some horrendous difficulties down the road to actually achieve your goal.

I would say that I am in this blissful denial phase that over the next 10 months I am going to run a total of 1076.3 miles.  That is the first time that I've added that up.  Whoa...

Anyway, thank you to all of you who support me through the process of reaching my goal of raising $900 for the Alliance myself in honor of our 30th anniversary in 2011.  If you want to join me in supporting the cause of saving great historic buildings across Minnesota, you can run and raise funds.  We're in the process of applying to the Medtronic Twin Cities for sponsored charity status.  I'll let you know the result of that application when the decision is made.  More to come about how to donate and I'll be posting my training schedule shortly.

Take care,
Bon

No comments:

Post a Comment